Mom2Mom Global Grant Writer
Mom2Mom Global, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing breastfeeding peer support, education, and advocacy to military families, seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Grant Writer. The annual operating budget for Mom2Mom Global is approximately $10,000. This is a volunteer position, as are all leadership positions within Mom2Mom Global, in keeping with our commitment to keep overhead costs as low as possible. Mom2Mom Global is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and welcomes candidates from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences.
The Grant Writer will identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities. The Grant Writer is also responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third-party public and private sources. Work is performed under broad direction of the Finance Director, with the majority of work performed independently.
Qualified candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, and possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals. Candidate should possess excellent computer skills and should have experience with data management and reporting. Candidates must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, be able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
Previous experience will demonstrate ability to secure funding, comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special programs. Military affiliation (DOD ID-Cardholder) preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research and identify new government, corporate, foundations and private funding prospects
• Generate proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
• Generate revenues through timely submission of well-researched, well written and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals
• Implement and maintain funding calendar activities
• Write reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders
• Identify funding opportunities and new program areas
• Participate in the annual budget development process
• Engage with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
To apply, please submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org